I've been a student of Laurea in Informatica, at Università di Milano - Bicocca.
I'm currently a student of Laurea Magistrale (master) in Ingegneria Informatica, at Politecnico di Milano.
I can be reached at danielefiorenti [at] hotmail [dot] com.
Activity performed while with iralab
- 3D Mapping Ground Truth
- type: laurea stage;
- tutor: Augusto Luis Ballardini;
- advisor: Domenico Giorgio Sorrenti
- description of work: The aim of this project is to develop a system that allows the creation of three-dimensional mapping models for autonomous navigation of IRALAB's robots. To achieve this goal, we started our work with a device composed by a LIDAR (Laser Imaging Detection and Ranging) system, mounted on a rotating platform; this is capable of generating 3D points sets, also called point clouds, in a reference frame in agreement with the platform used. The work is therefore divided into the following phases:
- resolution of the issues that prevented the proper creation of point clouds consistent with the environment;
- creation of a program able to collect and merge in a single model the acquisitions made by the sensor from dierent locations of the environment;
- realization of a recalibration program aiming the improvement of the individual scans acquired with the device.
- from 20.05.13 to 20.08.13
3D point cloud generation in IRALAB:
Registration of some point clouds (U14 first floor):